- As a result of Y-ACT’s advocacy, Nairobi County developed the Adolescent Youth Sexual and Reproductive Health Framework to address the challenge of inadequate access to comprehensive youth friendly sexual and reproductive health services and information.
- Y-ACT plays an advisory role in technical meetings hosted by the county government providing an opportunity to present on the current status of youth and adolescent sexual and reproductive health to the County Assembly and the County Health Committee.
- Y-ACT collaborated with the chair of the County Assembly to implement the county strategy on curbing teenage pregnancies.
SAMBURU & KAKAMEGA
- As a result of the advocacy and sensitization by Y-ACT Samburu County Chapter, one member network received $3,850 from the county government to conduct sensitization activities on HIV and SGBV.
- The Y-ACT Network in Samburu influenced the Director of Gender in the county government to appoint a Technical Working group to include an anti-beading chapter in the county return to school policy.
- Y-ACT currently sits in the Technical Working Group consisting of youth, women and government decision-makers.
- Y-ACT advocated for a favorable legal framework that would ensure the establishment of SGBV centers in the sub-counties to address the rising cases of rape and defilement in Kakamega county.
- Y-ACT influenced the Minister of Health and the youth and gender advisor in Kakamega county to establish a technical working group to steer the development of the Sexual Gender-Based Violence policy and the Sexual and Reproductive Health Policy. Y-ACT is part of the technical working group that ensured the mainstreaming of youth in these key policy processes.