The Youth in Action Advocacy Curriculum is the first of its kind in Kenya!
Following a series of consultations with youth advocates across East Africa, we identified existing gaps and needs towards strengthening youth advocacy capacities including, the need for advocacy skills that are accessible to the most vulnerable communities, and the access to youth-friendly tools and training which are compelling, fun and interactive!
Y-ACT is committed to amplifying youth voices by unleashing a new generation of youth advocates empowered with the necessary skill sets and toolkits to become transformational leaders in their communities of impact.
Launched in August 2020 as a free, open-source platform, our course provides learners with the skills to conduct strategic advocacy geared towards achieving desired policy advocacy objectives efficiently and effectively.
The curriculum is hosted by AMREF’s e-learning platform, E-Campus, and the learning mobile phone application, JIBU.
1000+ youth advocates across Africa have enrolled for the course.
● 83 youth advocates drawn from 5 counties in Kenya.
● Timeframe for delivery: 10 months between 2018/2019,
● Delivery model: Blended learning approach, a combination
of online learning with periodic in-person training sessions.
● 50 youth advocates drawn from 5 counties in Kenya.
● The timeframe of Delivery: 3 months between 2019/2020
● Delivery model: Blended learning approach.
● Y-ACT engaged 10 youth experts who provided thorough inputs and feedback in redesigning the curriculum in readiness for it to be launched as an open-source platform.
● The E-campus team reviewed and incorporated inputs from the youth advocates and peer reviewers. This included redesigning of the curriculum interface to align with the open source capability.
Open Source Platform Launch
● The Open Source Platform was officially launched in August 2020 through a webinar session which was attended by past, present and potential course participants and partners.
● The Open Source Platform enables learners to enroll for the course from anywhere in the world absolutely free!