The Youth in Action Advocacy Training is designed with you the passionate youth advocate in mind. The training has been designed for learners to learn at their own pace, with the end goal being completion of an advocacy strategy. You may register for the course at any time. As you move through the training, you will come across various approaches that will support you to interact with the content through videos, exercises, quizzes, additional reading materials, tools and templates that have been included to help learners advance their advocacy planning process.
To qualify for certification, you are required pass all assignments in order to complete the course.
You can register for the course by logging into the eCampus platform through the link below
Who can take this course?
The Youth in Action Advocacy Training is designed for:
- Youth advocates in diverse contexts in Africa: urban, semi-urban, rural, coastal, and nomadic areas.
- Individuals in any part of the world of any age group currently involved in advocacy or are an aspiring advocate.
- Anyone interested in engaging in strategic advocacy, social accountability, resource mobilization, advocacy monitoring, evaluation and learning.
What will I learn by taking this course?
- The training will provide the skills needed to conduct strategic advocacy efforts in order to achieve policy objectives as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- The training focuses on the advocacy planning process with an emphasis on advocacy strategy development, advocacy communications and messaging, advocacy tactics such as campaigning and social accountability, resource mobilization for advocacy, and advocacy monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL).
- A bonus module on the budget and policy processes in Kenya has been added for youth advocates or organizations working in Kenya.
How do I earn a certificate from this course?
To receive a certificate of completion, you will be required to do the following:
- Go through all the training content for the modules
- Complete and submit all (required) assignments
- Develop a draft advocacy strategy and submit it on the platform
- Participate in at least one peer discussion per module
- Score at least an 80% on all self-assessment quizzes